Thank you for visiting Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York's corporate website or My Security Mutual web portal. Your privacy during your visit and through the course of any interaction with us via the site or portal is very important to us. When you visit our site or portal and communicate with us, we will not collect personal information about you, unless you provide us that information voluntarily.
If you provide personal information to us, we will not sell that information. We may share the information with our internal customer service representatives and other Security Mutual employees, or an agent, to enable them to address your question or concern. We will only disclose information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided, for example, as necessary to provide service or products requested by you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state regulations to guard your personal information.
Website Visitation; Cookies
When you visit Security Mutual's website or My Security Mutual web portal, we collect certain information via cookies that does not identify you personally, but provides us with usage data. This data is used to help us determine what pages are visited most often and the average time visitors spend at the site. The information is used for internal auditing and to help us improve our site. Cookies are small pieces of information that websites can store on your computer.
In addition, when you visit My Security Mutual web portal, we collect and may save personal information to verify your identity and process transactions you request.
Security Mutual welcomes your questions, and we have supplied the Individual Life Insurance Questions page and the Group and Worksite Life Insurance Questions page to help you communicate your needs to us electronically. In order to process any requests you may have, we will share the information you provide with our customer service representatives, other employees, or an agent, to enable them to address your questions and concerns.
Generally information shared via the internet is not secure. Please note that the messages we receive from you are not encrypted. Therefore, your e-mail transmission to us, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For this reason, we recommend that you do not include any information that you consider confidential (e.g., social security number) in your electronic communications with us. If additional information is required to process your request, a representative will contact you. Or, please call us at 1-800-346-7171.
The My Security Mutual web portal provides a secure https connection, but we cannot ensure that your transmission of information to the My Security Mutual web portal is secure.
Newsletter Update Notification
When you register to receive an e-mail notification of updates to Security Mutual's monthly Client Line® Newsletter Service, we use your e-mail address for that purpose only. We will not share your address with anyone either inside or outside of Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York.
Security Mutual's on-line calculators are provided for your information only. We do not track, retain or use any of the data input into the calculators, nor is the data in any way linked to you as an individual.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may provide links to other party’s websites or information. These links allow you to leave our site. The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in any linked site. We are providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement, approval or affiliation with any such third party or site.
Be aware that these third party sites may collect information about you. Security Mutual is not responsible for the action of these third parties and we encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn what type of personal information, if any, they collect.
Changes to this Statement
Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York may change this statement from time to time without notice. This statement does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Corporate Privacy Notice For Policyholders
At Security Mutual, providing for your security is our highest concern. We have been protecting policyholders since 1886, and that includes protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our customers’ and former customers' personal information. Therefore, we are pleased to publish Security Mutual’s Privacy Notice, which describes how Security Mutual and its subsidiaries* handle the information we receive about you.
- We collect and use information about you in order to provide you with insurance and other services
- We obtain most of the information from you, primarily from the application you complete when you apply for our products or services. If we need additional information, we may obtain it from third parties such as employers, adult family members, other insurers, consumer reporting agencies and medical care providers.
- All employees are required to protect the confidentiality of our customers’ and former customers' personal information, and they may not access that information unless there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as responding to a customer request.
- We will not sell the personal information of our customers or former customers.
- We will not disclose the personal information of our customers or former customers except as necessary for conducting business or where permitted by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to an agent, our employees or our service providers so they can service your business or respond to your questions or requests. We may also disclose your personal information (with the exception of nonpublic health information) to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We require the recipients of such information to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided. Organizations from which we obtain information may retain and disclose such information as permitted by law.
Information Access and Correction
Should you wish to obtain a copy of your personal information, please write to us at the address shown below. If you believe that any such personal information is incorrect, please notify us.
For More Information
- Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York
- P.O. Box 1625
- Binghamton, NY 13902
*Archway Technology Services, Inc.; Security Administrators, Inc.; SML Agency Services, Inc.