(Revised November 2018)
Thank you for visiting Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York’s corporate website, the My Security Mutual® web portal, or our social media profiles, pages or channels. Your privacy during your visit and through the course of any interaction with us via these outlets is very important to us. When you visit these outlets and communicate with us, we will not collect personal information about you, unless you provide us that information voluntarily.
If you provide personal information to us, we will not sell that information. We may share the information with our internal customer service representatives and other Security Mutual employees, or an agent, to enable them to address your question or concern. We will only disclose information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided, for example, as necessary to provide service or products requested by you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state regulations to guard your personal information.
Website Visitation; Cookies
When you visit Security Mutual’s website, the My Security Mutual® web portal, or our social media profiles, pages or channels, we collect certain information via cookies that does not identify you personally, but provides us with usage data. This data is used to help us determine what pages are visited most often and the average time visitors spend at the site. The information is used for internal auditing and to help us improve our site. Cookies are small pieces of information that websites can store on your computer.
In addition, when you visit the My Security Mutual® web portal, we collect and may save personal information to verify your identity and process transactions you request.
Security Mutual welcomes your questions, and we have supplied the contact us page to help you communicate your needs to us electronically. In order to process any requests you may have, we will share the information you provide with our customer service representatives, other employees, or an agent, to enable them to address your questions and concerns.
Generally information shared via the internet is not secure. Please note that the messages we receive from you are not encrypted. Therefore, your email transmission to us, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For this reason, we recommend that you do not include any information that you consider confidential (e.g., social security number) in your electronic communications with us. If additional information is required to process your request, a representative will contact you. Or, please call us at 1-800-346-7171.
The My Security Mutual® web portal provides a secure https connection to protect your account information. Our security measures are intended to comply with applicable laws and industry standards. However, you should be aware that the internet may be an unsecure environment, and communications to and from the My Security Mutual® web portal may be seen by another party while in transit. Security Mutual Life is not responsible for security of information on or transmitted via the internet.
Newsletter Update Notification
When you register to receive an e-mail notification of updates to Security Mutual’s monthly Client Line® Newsletter Service, we use your e-mail address for that purpose only. We will not share your address with anyone either inside or outside of Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York.
Security Mutual’s on-line calculators are provided for your information only. We do not track, retain or use any of the data input into the calculators, nor is the data in any way linked to you as an individual.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may provide links to other parties’ websites or information. These links allow you to leave our site. The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in any linked site. We are providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement, approval or affiliation with any such third party or site.
Be aware that these third party sites may collect information about you. Security Mutual is not responsible for the action of these third parties and we encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn what type of personal information, if any, they collect.
Corporate Privacy Notice For Policyholders
At Security Mutual, providing for your security is our highest concern. We have been protecting policyholders since 1886, and that includes protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our customers’ and former customers’ personal information. Therefore, we are pleased to publish Security Mutual’s Privacy Notice, which describes how Security Mutual and its subsidiaries* handle the information we receive about you.
- We collect and use information about you in order to provide you with insurance and other services
- We obtain most of the information from you, primarily from the application you complete when you apply for our products or services. If we need additional information, we may obtain it from third parties such as employers, adult family members, other insurers, consumer reporting agencies and medical care providers.
- All employees are required to protect the confidentiality of our customers’ and former customers’ personal information, and they may not access that information unless there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as responding to a customer request.
- We will not sell the personal information of our customers or former customers.
- We will not disclose the personal information of our customers or former customers except as necessary for conducting business or where permitted by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to an agent, our employees or our service providers so they can service your business or respond to your questions or requests. We may also disclose your personal information (with the exception of nonpublic health information) to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We require the recipients of such information to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided. Organizations from which we obtain information may retain and disclose such information as permitted by law.
Information Access and Correction
Should you wish to obtain a copy of your personal information, please write to us at the address shown below. If you believe that any such personal information is incorrect, or if you would like personal information deleted, please notify us.
For More Information
Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York
P.O. Box 1625
Binghamton, NY 13902
*Archway Technology Services, Inc.; Security Administrators, Inc.; SML Agency Services, Inc.; SML FL Holdings LLC.