(Binghamton, NY • February 28, 2018) Security Mutual Life has completed another successful year in its 131-year history of helping the Company’s policyholders achieve the long-term financial security goals they have set for themselves, their families and their businesses.
Highlights of the past year include:
- Dividends: 125 consecutive years of paying dividends to participating policyholders.*
- Earnings: Net operating gain after taxes of $5.4 million.
- Assets: Total assets of $2.75 billion.
- Bond Portfolio: Maintained a high-quality bond portfolio composed of 99.3 percent investment-grade bonds.
- Payouts to Policyholders: Paid $328.5 million to Security Mutual’s policyholders, beneficiaries and those receiving annuity distributions.
“By consistently meeting our policy obligations and generating quality results and positive returns, Security Mutual continues to help ensure financial security for our policyholders and their beneficiaries,” said Chairman, President and CEO Bruce W. Boyea. “Our success can be attributed to our unwavering commitment to our policyholders and representatives—providing innovative solutions, products and services that help meet today’s and tomorrow’s insurance and financial needs.”
*The payment of dividends is not guaranteed, and the amount credited, if any, will rise and fall depending on experience factors such as investment income, taxes, mortality and expenses.