Ethical Market Conduct
Security Mutual’s High Standards of Ethical Conduct
Security Mutual Life, its affiliates and subsidaries are committed to competent and customer-focused sales and service and to conducting business according to high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity.
Principles of the Code of Life Insurance Ethical Market Conduct
As part of our commitment to a needs-based customer focus and to ethical sales and marketing practices, the Company has adopted the Principles and Code of Life Insurance Ethical Market Conduct listed below. In accordance with this Code, the Company commits itself in all matters affecting the sale of life and annuity products:
- To conduct business according to high standards of honesty and fairness and to render that service to its customers which, in the same circumstances, it would apply to or demand for itself.
- To provide competent and customer-focused sales and service.
- To engage in active and fair competition.
- To provide advertising and sales materials that are clear as to purpose and honest and fair as to content.
- To provide for fair and expeditious handling of customer complaints and disputes.
- To maintain a system of supervision and review that is reasonably designed to achieve compliance with these Principles of Ethical Market Conduct.
What Do these Principles Mean to the Consumer?
These principles help assure a consumer that the Company continues to commit itself to honesty, fairness and integrity in all customer contacts involving the sale and servicing of individually sold life insurance and annuities. As part of that commitment, the Company carefully monitors the sales process, its employees and agents on a regular basis. The Company develops policies and procedures to assure that customers receive information they need to make decisions about purchasing and/or replacing policies. The Company also maintains a system to respond expeditiously to customer concerns and complaints.